Thursday, March 16, 2006

Great Harvest! Great?

Ok Here goes. This post will probably change,
but I wanted to have something here.

For my birthday my little sister sent me a gift card for Great Harvest.
(the Bread Co.) Great Harvest is a nationwide franchise. But every store is different.
I was short on time, and I decided that this would be a perfect time to try a sandwich from a cool new establishment.

(sandwiches are served from 11-3)

The first thing that I noticed is that Great Harvest is not cheap.
I asked what sandwich they would reccommend, and the girl said she would get the Tuscan Chicken Panini.

it sounded excellent, so I made that my selection.

Oddly the counter-girl didn't ask me if I wanted to add a cookie and a drink for a buck fifty.

If she had asked I probably would have.

They said they would call me when my lunch was ready,
but the few chair that they had were full.

Fortunately this is a store worthy of much exploration.

After what seemed like a hefty wait,
(but only because I was the only one waiting)
I finally got my sandwich.
the girl apologized, but it really wasn't that long.

I took my lunch and headed back to the office.

The Sandwich:
Chicken Tuscan Panini

Served on a wonderful dense bread.
Large slices of chicken breast.
Tomato (a little out of season, but to be expected)
Lettuce
Other stuff, but I forget what,
and The Sauce.

Served with a 1/4 of a dill pickle

Each individual element of the Sandwich was masterfully done.
All very tasty.

But as a whole the sand was a little bland for my tastes.
I guess the sauce, though in good proportions,
didn't have enough flavor for me.

As long as I ate some pickle with the sandwich life was good,
Very good,

but my pickle wasn't quite large enough for the size of the sandwich.

So my Great harvest experience was very good,
but not quite great.

But the parts of it were great.

A sandwich will cost you about seven bucks,
and most people would be well fed with one.
I probably could have eaten a bit more.

part two
The Cobb Sandwich


My Brother also had a gift card for great harvest and today he used it.
I tasted the Cobb sandwich, and it was TASTY.

His wife said it was practically perfect.

It had a slightly stronger flavor, and again a lot of good parts.
(bacon, avocado, really good bread etc).



On the whole, I would definately reccommend Great Harvest.
It's not cheap, but neither is the quality.
DOUG

4 comments:

Cardine said...

I got the California Cobb today. The bleu cheese spread wasn't spread over the whole thing. I only tasted it for a short time on my sandwich.

The bacon was really stringy. The avocado spread was good. The meat was all in one location. The bread was good. It was a sandwich. There was nothing overly disturbing, and hey, they got my order right, so I can't complain too much, but... eh... I don't need to go back again. Oh, and I thought it was a little slow. And they only had 1.5 chairs per table. And there's only four tables, which means there's only six chairs. Hm.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it two bronze spoons. I hate to pay $7 for just a little sandwich. If you get the chips and drink combo, you're looking at $9.00, and the chips have to be Sun Chips (Ew!). I would rather pay the $7.00 to get all I can eat across the parking lot.

Cardine said...

Perhaps wood spoons?

warnser said...

Definately Wooden Spoons
As for my rating, I think we had similar experiences, more or less, but I thought on the whole it was favorable, though perhaps not top priority. I give it...

6 WOODEN SPOONS.

warnser said...

Great Harvest Cumulative Rating

4 Wooden Spoons.