Monday, February 26, 2007

Viors

Roland was stuck, so I came to his aid,
It was lunch time, and his Computer was broken,
well not broken, but not working right either,
So I told him I would stop by on my way home.

When I was done, he bought me lunch, and since Vior's Bakery and Deli is really close to our offices, that's what I got. And ohh was it good.

He has them on speed dial... just in case he can't get out,
and speed dial works well. You give them your name, and then tell them your sandwhich,
(He also has a menu for super easy ordering)

I asked him what was good, and he said "everything." I had to be skeptical.
So I asked him about the Chicken Panini.
That's the one he's never had.
That's the one I wanted.
In the Store I think it was called Vior's Chicken Panini, but on his menu is was something else,
like Tenegate Chicken Panini, I would look it up, but they don't have an easily accessible website. When I got there my sandwhich was ready. Of course I had to get an Alligator Jaw to close out my meal.

I took the food back to my office, and oddly, it was still warm.
When I took the first half of my sandwhich out of the container
(I got a full-- two halfs), I thought this bread feels funny,
but as soon as I took my first bite, my hesitation began to disappear.
The sandwhich was amazing! And it was still hot!

Vior's Chicken Panini
The chicken was nice and warm. And it had the perfect texture,
I think it was pulled. It was thinnish, but it still felt like chicken.
It wasn't dry, and I didn't need to stop to cut each bite before I ate it.
(it may have been in chuncks, but it didn't feel like chunks, it just felt, and tasted perfect).

Then I noticed the bread it was really good.
not overly airy, but not overly dense either.
It's a panini, so the bread is not typical bread. This Panini bread is baked
in single serve size "loafs"

The sauce was really good. It's something like big mac sauce, but a little lighter.
I didn't compare the sauces but I think Vior's is better, maybe a hint of BBQ.
Either way the sauce was way good. In fact I would buy the sauce alone,
and I think it would fix many a dull sandwhich.

At this point I really wish I could find their website.
I don't remember everything that was on the sandwhich,
I just remember that it was amazing.

If I had to guess I would say lettuce, and tomato, and Red onions.

Not only was the Sandwhich very tasty, but it was big too.
Like I said, I got a full, and that's what it did too.
After the first half, I already new this was a meal!
The second half was just as good, but I had to wait to make room
for my alligator jaw.

Alligator Jaws
Call it a guilty pleasure,
or maybe it's those found childhood memories,
but part of me really likes alligator jaws.
It's a deep fried triangular donut, then they cut it open,
and fill it with this uber-sweet pink frosting.
They can't possibly be good for you, and sometimes even I think it's "too much"
(not too big just too much, though the size is nice),
But it's a tradition, and I love them.
so I had one of these too.

and when I got to it,
it was good too.

It seems like I ate there once before, but It's been a while,
that time I got a cressant, (and It may not have been Vior's at the time)
but it was too small.

Viors is located on 4th south, just off of Main St.
In Cedar City, They also have a location in St. George,
I think it's by the Factory Stores.

Viors Bakery
50 West 400 South, Cedar City, UT 84720
(435) 586-4572


Highly satisfying
I give this visit to Vior's 8 wooden spoons, (even with dessert and a drink, I stayed under $10)


1 comment:

Cardine said...

I am with you there on the Alligator Jaws. They are tasty. I almost went and got one yesterday.

I may have to try Vior's again. My first experience with them was highly irritating. Highly. I ordered the chicken Panini thingy, and when I got my sandwich (after a long time of waiting), there were no red onions on it. So, then I asked for red onions (I think that's what it was). They huffed and puffed and begrudgingly brought me some. But then I realized why I didn't have any red onions on it. They had gotten my order wrong!!! And, another person in my party had the wrong sandwich, too! We had ordered the same thing, and they had given us the same wrong thing.

I just wasn't impressed. But, maybe I'll see if they're better now. I have gotten over my extreme annoyance from the last time, I think.